Experience and Qualifications
Board Certification in Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB)
Board Certification in Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork is the highest voluntary credential a massage therapist can obtain within the profession—it is above and beyond entry level state licensure. By becoming Board Certified, I represent a community of therapists who have gone above standard educational and work experience requirements with a dedicated and life long commitment to continuing education. Furthermore, I live up to higher standards and ethics in alignment with The National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB).
To achieve my Board Certification, I provided proof of my education and of my professional hands-on work experience. I also passed a criminal background check, agreed to uphold NCBTMB's Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics, and passed the Board Certification Exam. By passing the BCETMB and meeting all requirements, I demonstrate advanced assessment and critical thinking skills, as well as a commitment to excellence. I wear the credentials BCTMB with pride for myself, my profession, and, most importantly, my clients.
Asian Bodywork Therapist (ABT)
Certified practitioner through the American Organization for bodywork therapies of Asia (AOBTA)
Certified Yoga Teacher (CYT)
I am a Kripalu Yoga Teacher and the originator of Yogong. A synergy of mindful yoga, qigong and self shiatsu for optimum health and healing.
I am an active member of the RI AMTA (American Massage Therapy Association)
RI Sports Massage Team - RI Crisis Massage Team
National Institute for the Clinical Application of Behavior Medicine (NICABM) Training in wellness/ life coaching, spiritual journeying, energy psychology, (NLP, TAT, NLP) therapeutic dialoguing and utilizing medical intuition.
Over 30 years of professional experience
- Providence Shiatsu: Assistant Instructor
- Boston Shiatsu: Instructor (Basic Shiatsu - Advanced, Traditional Chinese Medical concepts (TCM)
- Inner Wisdom Center for Health & Healing Co-Director / Internship Instructor
- Kripalu School of Massage: Program Assistant / Program Manager
- John Winslow School of Massage: Asian Massage Instructor
- Newport Massage School (SAMA) : Asian Massage Instructor
- AMTA Regional Conference: Presenter - "Mastering the Dance" Incorporating Asian Bodywork & Concepts
- Yogong: Creator and Instructor
- Visions Medical Center - 7 years (2 days a week) working with Docs in a Functional Medical setting giving treatments and teaching Yogong (Yoga and Qigong) Classes to staff and patients.
- Wickford Chiropractic and Wellness Center: 20 years working with PT"s and chiropractors
- Cooperate Chair Massage at various locations - 20 years
- Instructor of Yoga and Transformational Workshops (30 years)
- Private Practice (25 years) (Part time group practice - 32 years)
I am listed on The Alternative Pain Treatment Directory (www.paintreatmentdirectory.com) I have experience working with acute/chronic pain, fibromyalgia and accident/surgery recovery.